My name is Joaquín Herrera Goás (Joaclint on the net).
I'm a high school teacher and also a freelance designer.
A few years ago I joined these two careers in a project. This is a blog where I publish free tutorials about designing with open source software (Blender, Inkscape, Gimp, Kompozer...)
The open software community welcomed all these materials with great enthusiasm and I began to receive interesting proposals:
- Prelector at universities (University of Extremadura, University of Ciudad Real, University of Sevilla)
- Online tutoring (Ministry of Education of Spain, Ministry of Education of Castilla y Leon, Teachers Centrer of Isla Cristina, ForPAS of University of Sevilla, Aula Mentor, IHMAN 3D School)
- To write educational materials for institutions such as Ministry of Education of the Government of Spain, Aula Mentor, or the Ministry of Education of Castilla y Leon.
- To make demos in great events like SIMO Education or AULA (IFEMA Madrid).
Educational eBooks (Creative Commons):
- Blender: 3D in Education (Spanish). An extensive tour through Blender and its possibilities within educational environments. It is available online in HTML format navigable downloadable ISO and IMS modules for Moodle platforms.
- Started Guide for beguinners to Blender (Spanish). It is an initial course that introduces the new Blender interface and the basic issues to take the first step towards this exciting software.
- Inkscape: logo to logo (Spanish). A walk through most of the tools of this software with a completely practical standpoint while performing real logos.
Online courses offered
My proporsal for the Blender Conference of 2012 logo (10 aniversary of Blender as Open Source) was the one elected by Ton Roosendaal.